About Me

My photo
I came to residential Real Estate just a bit under 10 years ago, after having been very successful in other ventures...I've been a senior excutive with 2 public companies, an art publisher, I've owned a small TV station, I've been an apparel designer...and have been befriended by International acknowledged Artists like LeRoy Neiman, Erte, Yaccov Agam, Lebadang, and Leonardo Nierman...I've made presentations to Captains of Industry like Steve Wynn, Merv Griffin, and former Air Force Chief of Staff General McPeak. So I've seen and done alot...and today, after a serious health challenge, I'm a Realtor on Chicago's North Shore, but upon reflection, but Real Estate may well be the most rewarding of all of my endeavors, except for being a Grandfather to 2 beautiful children. Professionally, I thrive upon 'HELPING MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE'.

Monday, September 28, 2009

WHAT'S a "WOW" house?

a "Wow" house vs. a "But" house

In my blogging of the last month it might seem that I’m on a mission to get sellers to ‘energy’ price their homes…meaning simply, to price their homes “to the market”.

The fact is I AM! I’m committed to help my Seller’s SELL their homes…a house that languishes on the market for any reason has a negative effect on the psyche of both the seller and the agent…and as days/months on-market increase, the once positive relationship that existed between the two soon becomes tested and eventually strained. I know…because I’ve seen it happen all too often!

High Supply (which we all acknowledge we have ) combined with Less Demand (again, an acknowledge fact) = LOWER PRICES/LESS VALUE.

The only answer I know to the current doldrums is to be positiond correctly IN the market! In the words a of a successful colleague( #1 NANCY )…"IF THE MARKET IS GOING SOUTH, YOU DON’T WANT TO BE NORTH!!!"

In earlier postings, I suggested having a pre-listing appraisal…which I am again advocating…Call me @ 312.882.4561 and I’ll explain my reasoning.

When pricing…we want buyers to say…” WOW, This is a really good deal" vs…"It's a nice house BUT it needs work" or "it's over-priced".

Pricing correctly will help go along way to eliminate the "BUT" response…

No comments:

Post a Comment