About Me

My photo
I came to residential Real Estate just a bit under 10 years ago, after having been very successful in other ventures...I've been a senior excutive with 2 public companies, an art publisher, I've owned a small TV station, I've been an apparel designer...and have been befriended by International acknowledged Artists like LeRoy Neiman, Erte, Yaccov Agam, Lebadang, and Leonardo Nierman...I've made presentations to Captains of Industry like Steve Wynn, Merv Griffin, and former Air Force Chief of Staff General McPeak. So I've seen and done alot...and today, after a serious health challenge, I'm a Realtor on Chicago's North Shore, but upon reflection, but Real Estate may well be the most rewarding of all of my endeavors, except for being a Grandfather to 2 beautiful children. Professionally, I thrive upon 'HELPING MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE'.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

CREDIT REPORTS UNDER EXTRA SCRUTINY

I'VE JUST READ THIS ARTICLE AND THOUGHT IT ESPECIALLY INTERESTING FOR 1stTIME HOME BUYERS...

Credit Reports Under Extra Scrutiny

Buyers who are under contract and hoping to close before Nov. 30 when the first-time home buyer credit expires should refrain from buying furniture and other things on credit.

Lenders are running credit checks prior to closing day and any increase in credit card or other debt can jeopardize the loan, says Lew Reich, an associate with Keller Williams Realty in Plano, Texas.

Reich warns buyers to even refrain from checking out a new large purchase because even an inquiry on a credit report could scare a lender.

Reich tells borrowers: “If someone’s squeaking by and, all of a sudden, they may be looking at increasing debt, the lenders will have a keener eye in looking at your loan,” he says.

“Don’t look until you’ve closed is basically what it comes down to. That’s the safest way. Stay out of the stores,” he adds.

Source: The Associated Press, Dawn Wotapka (09/18/2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment