About Me

My photo
I came to residential Real Estate just a bit under 10 years ago, after having been very successful in other ventures...I've been a senior excutive with 2 public companies, an art publisher, I've owned a small TV station, I've been an apparel designer...and have been befriended by International acknowledged Artists like LeRoy Neiman, Erte, Yaccov Agam, Lebadang, and Leonardo Nierman...I've made presentations to Captains of Industry like Steve Wynn, Merv Griffin, and former Air Force Chief of Staff General McPeak. So I've seen and done alot...and today, after a serious health challenge, I'm a Realtor on Chicago's North Shore, but upon reflection, but Real Estate may well be the most rewarding of all of my endeavors, except for being a Grandfather to 2 beautiful children. Professionally, I thrive upon 'HELPING MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE'.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

IF SELL YOU MUST...

IF SELL YOU MUST...
If a life syle change or the effects of the current economy are/will necessitate the sale of your home, the following are some "tips" offered to help.
I really do believe that...

1st... HIRE THE BEST AGENT YOU CAN...even if that agent isn't a friend, relative, church member or the like. Being the #1 volume agent in an office isn't always the best agent...LOOK FOR TRANSACTIONS!
In today's turbulent market hiring an seasoned agent who's been in the business full time at least 8 years...an experienced agent has been thru market changes and should be able to get ahead of what the Market is telling US.
2. HIRE SOMEONE WHO REALLY KNOWS HOW TO MARKET...agents that use template marketing as their own shouldn't be the agent for you.
3...MAKE SURE YOUR AGENT IS A STRONG NEGOIATOR...he/she represents your money! Don’t fall prey to believing that every agent is as an experienced negotiator.
4...with very few exceptions, NEVER allow your agent to become a "Dual Agent"

Dual Agency is allowed in some states, but the net effect of this practice, changes your relationship with your agent at a time when you need representation the most.( ask you agent to explain the change in his or her roles...if you’re in Illinois, and not yet "hired " an agent , you can call me for an explanation of my concerns.

PLESE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS MY PERSONAL CONVICTION, NOT LAW IN ILLINOIS!


5...CONSIDER GETTING A PRE-MARKETING APPRAISAL...you may not like the numbers, but you'll be armed with a better understand of what a lender will do when a buyer gets their mortgage approval....it will also help you
6...PRICE YOUR HOME RIGHT. Enough said!
7... DEMAND FEED BACK. Hold your agent accountable.
8...HIRE SOMEONE WHO "LISTENS" AND MAKE GOOD EYE-CONTACT.
9...LISTEN TO YOUR AGENT’S REASONING before you make any decisions...
10...If you're in Illinois, call me and I’ll help clarify any of these tips.

I practice Real Estate ONLY IN ILLINOIS, but I can refer you to an excellent agent almost anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment