About Me

My photo
I came to residential Real Estate just a bit under 10 years ago, after having been very successful in other ventures...I've been a senior excutive with 2 public companies, an art publisher, I've owned a small TV station, I've been an apparel designer...and have been befriended by International acknowledged Artists like LeRoy Neiman, Erte, Yaccov Agam, Lebadang, and Leonardo Nierman...I've made presentations to Captains of Industry like Steve Wynn, Merv Griffin, and former Air Force Chief of Staff General McPeak. So I've seen and done alot...and today, after a serious health challenge, I'm a Realtor on Chicago's North Shore, but upon reflection, but Real Estate may well be the most rewarding of all of my endeavors, except for being a Grandfather to 2 beautiful children. Professionally, I thrive upon 'HELPING MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE'.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tanning Beds Up the Risk For Cancer - ABC News

Indoor tanning is associated with a 74 percent higher risk of melanoma, researchers said.


New study warns that indoor tanning can raise risk of melanoma by 74 percent.
And, in a large case-control study, some forms of indoor tanning machines were associated with a four-fold increase in the risk of skin cancer, according to DeAnn Lazovich, of the University of Minnesota, and colleagues.

The risk rose depending on years of use, hours of use, or number of sessions, Lazovich and colleagues said online in Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention.

The finding “provides strong support” for a recent declaration by the World Health Organization’s cancer research agency that the devices are carcinogenic, the researchers concluded.

“The take-home message is that indoor tanning is not safe,” Lazovich said in a video prepared by the University of Minnesota.

Tanning salons are increasingly popular in the U.S. and their rise has been paralleled by increasing incidence of melanoma, the researchers noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment