About Me

My photo
I came to residential Real Estate just a bit under 10 years ago, after having been very successful in other ventures...I've been a senior excutive with 2 public companies, an art publisher, I've owned a small TV station, I've been an apparel designer...and have been befriended by International acknowledged Artists like LeRoy Neiman, Erte, Yaccov Agam, Lebadang, and Leonardo Nierman...I've made presentations to Captains of Industry like Steve Wynn, Merv Griffin, and former Air Force Chief of Staff General McPeak. So I've seen and done alot...and today, after a serious health challenge, I'm a Realtor on Chicago's North Shore, but upon reflection, but Real Estate may well be the most rewarding of all of my endeavors, except for being a Grandfather to 2 beautiful children. Professionally, I thrive upon 'HELPING MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE'.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Did you know?.... National Historic Landmarks in Illinois


Abraham Lincoln's Home


Springfield, Illinois

County of Sangamon.

Eighth and Jackson Streets

National Register Number: 71000076

Resource type: District.

Property type: Domestic - single dwelling. The threat level was Satisfactory in
2008.

Congressional District: IL-18 Certified Local Government: YES

This NHL offers public access.


Please contact the NHL directly for visitor information.

Current use/information: Lincoln Home National Historic Site: www.nps.gov/liho.

Web Site: www.nps.gov/liho.


Statement of Significance (as of designation - December 19, 1960):

This was the residence of Abraham Lincoln, who lived here for most of the period from 1844 until 1861, an important era in his advancement from small-town lawyer to President of the United States.

Condition:

Currently, there is no threat to the landmark.

There is no change since the last reporting period.

No comments:

Post a Comment