About Me

My photo
I came to residential Real Estate just a bit under 10 years ago, after having been very successful in other ventures...I've been a senior excutive with 2 public companies, an art publisher, I've owned a small TV station, I've been an apparel designer...and have been befriended by International acknowledged Artists like LeRoy Neiman, Erte, Yaccov Agam, Lebadang, and Leonardo Nierman...I've made presentations to Captains of Industry like Steve Wynn, Merv Griffin, and former Air Force Chief of Staff General McPeak. So I've seen and done alot...and today, after a serious health challenge, I'm a Realtor on Chicago's North Shore, but upon reflection, but Real Estate may well be the most rewarding of all of my endeavors, except for being a Grandfather to 2 beautiful children. Professionally, I thrive upon 'HELPING MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE'.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bedbugs Seen More In North America


Health experts said bedbugs are becoming more of a problem in apartments and hotels.

The wingless insects feed upon warm-blooded animals. Their population is on the rise in North America. For travelers, that means the bugs can be found in hotel rooms, according to the Good Housekeeping Institute.

The website BedBugRegistry is a free database where travelers report their experience at various hotels.

The institute advised checking the site before reserving rooms.

Adult bedbugs are reddish-brown and about the size of an apple seed.

"Pull back the bedspread and the bed sheet and look along the mattress seam," said the institute's Christina Peterson. "You also want to open the dresser drawer and look inside and check behind the dresser drawer."

Another good tip is to keep luggage off the floor. Place the luggage on a luggage rack, and check it before packing up, Peterson said.

No comments:

Post a Comment