About Me

My photo
I came to residential Real Estate just a bit under 10 years ago, after having been very successful in other ventures...I've been a senior excutive with 2 public companies, an art publisher, I've owned a small TV station, I've been an apparel designer...and have been befriended by International acknowledged Artists like LeRoy Neiman, Erte, Yaccov Agam, Lebadang, and Leonardo Nierman...I've made presentations to Captains of Industry like Steve Wynn, Merv Griffin, and former Air Force Chief of Staff General McPeak. So I've seen and done alot...and today, after a serious health challenge, I'm a Realtor on Chicago's North Shore, but upon reflection, but Real Estate may well be the most rewarding of all of my endeavors, except for being a Grandfather to 2 beautiful children. Professionally, I thrive upon 'HELPING MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE'.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Do you have unwanted visitors in your atic?? .... what to do...

Q: Before I spend a lot of money to hire a professional to climb into my attic and get rid of two or three squirrels' and birds' nests, is there anything I can try that would act as a deterrent to these animals?

I am thinking of maybe a canister-type system that would slowly emit an odor that would be offensive to animals and keep them from making my attic their home. I'm not sure if such a product exists.

A: I don't encourage chemical warfare in dealing with rodents, and certainly not with birds.

You will, however, need to find and close up access points for these incursions and find ways of discouraging the return of these tenacious invaders once you've sent them packing. Hardware cloth, available at the hardware store, has worked best for me in closing up access points once I've removed the invaders.

That, as just about everyone reading this column will tell you, is the worst job of all.

Spraying fox urine, available at home and garden stores, has some deterrent effects in gardens — although I've had a fox or two visit overnight looking for romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment