About Me

My photo
I came to residential Real Estate just a bit under 10 years ago, after having been very successful in other ventures...I've been a senior excutive with 2 public companies, an art publisher, I've owned a small TV station, I've been an apparel designer...and have been befriended by International acknowledged Artists like LeRoy Neiman, Erte, Yaccov Agam, Lebadang, and Leonardo Nierman...I've made presentations to Captains of Industry like Steve Wynn, Merv Griffin, and former Air Force Chief of Staff General McPeak. So I've seen and done alot...and today, after a serious health challenge, I'm a Realtor on Chicago's North Shore, but upon reflection, but Real Estate may well be the most rewarding of all of my endeavors, except for being a Grandfather to 2 beautiful children. Professionally, I thrive upon 'HELPING MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE'.

Monday, July 26, 2010

New Study Shows Time Spent Sitting Could Shorten Life

(RTTNews) - A new report published in the current edition of the American Journal of Epidemiology suggests that those who spend more time sitting down may die earlier.

After a 14-year study, researchers from the American Cancer Society have found that those who spend six or more hours of their leisure time sitting down are likely to die earlier than those who sit for three hours or less.

For the study, Dr. Alpa V. Patel followed 53,440 men and 69,776 women across America between the ages of 50-74. Patel and his team found that sitting for six or more hours a day causes an increased death rate of 40 percent for women and 20 percent for men.

For the least active adults, the chance of death increased to 94 percent in women and 48 percent in men.

"It is beneficial to encourage sedentary individuals to stand up and walk around as well as to reach optimal levels of physical activity," Patel tells WebMD.

No comments:

Post a Comment