About Me

My photo
I came to residential Real Estate just a bit under 10 years ago, after having been very successful in other ventures...I've been a senior excutive with 2 public companies, an art publisher, I've owned a small TV station, I've been an apparel designer...and have been befriended by International acknowledged Artists like LeRoy Neiman, Erte, Yaccov Agam, Lebadang, and Leonardo Nierman...I've made presentations to Captains of Industry like Steve Wynn, Merv Griffin, and former Air Force Chief of Staff General McPeak. So I've seen and done alot...and today, after a serious health challenge, I'm a Realtor on Chicago's North Shore, but upon reflection, but Real Estate may well be the most rewarding of all of my endeavors, except for being a Grandfather to 2 beautiful children. Professionally, I thrive upon 'HELPING MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE'.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Gas prices dip as more drivers take to the road this Labor Day Weekend

Driving somewhere this weekend? If so, there's good news for you at the gas pump. As Steve Gelsi writes in his story today, gas prices are lower than experts predicted earlier this year, though the national average is only a few cents lower than it was this time last year.

But gas prices are kind of like real estate. Location matters. So, it's probably good I'm not driving anywhere this weekend. San Francisco's prices are still at about $3.20 a gallon.

Read Gelsi's story for more on the gas-price outlook, plus don't miss Lew Sichelman's Realty Q&A column on why it's not a good idea to tap your retirement savings to pay off your mortgage, and Robert Powell's column on a strange provision in the health-care reform law that gives health-care cost subsidies to younger retirees -- those who aren't yet eligible for Medicare -- but only some of those retirees, and only for a relatively short period of time.

Wishing you all a happy Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment