About Me

My photo
I came to residential Real Estate just a bit under 10 years ago, after having been very successful in other ventures...I've been a senior excutive with 2 public companies, an art publisher, I've owned a small TV station, I've been an apparel designer...and have been befriended by International acknowledged Artists like LeRoy Neiman, Erte, Yaccov Agam, Lebadang, and Leonardo Nierman...I've made presentations to Captains of Industry like Steve Wynn, Merv Griffin, and former Air Force Chief of Staff General McPeak. So I've seen and done alot...and today, after a serious health challenge, I'm a Realtor on Chicago's North Shore, but upon reflection, but Real Estate may well be the most rewarding of all of my endeavors, except for being a Grandfather to 2 beautiful children. Professionally, I thrive upon 'HELPING MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE'.

Monday, October 26, 2009

THE IMPACT OF FORECLOSURE vrs. SHORT SALE

Every day, for the next week, I plan to post the consequences that will impact a homeowner should they, by circumstance, have to choose one of the the two alternatives (either a loss by short sale vrs. a loss by foreclosure).

Today's subject is the impact of both on a CREDIT SCORE

FORECLOSURE MAY LOWER A CREDIT SCORE ANYWHERE FROM 250 TO OVER 300 POINTS. TYPICALLY THIS REDUCTION WILL AFFECT A SCORE FOR OVER 3 YEARS.

A SUCCESSFUL SHORT SALE WILL LOWER THE SCORE BY AS LITTLE AS 50 POINTS IF ALL OTHER INSTALLMENT PAYMENTS ARE BEING MADE. A SHORT SALE'S EFFECT CAN BE AS BRIEF AS 12 TO 18 MONTHS...AND THE LATE PAYMENTS THAT GOT A SELLER TO THAT PLACE WILL BE REPORTED AS PAID OR NEGOTIATED.

No comments:

Post a Comment